Does this sound familiar?
You paid for and approved your listing in the East Bay Open Studio Guide. You spent $50 picking up wine and snacks for your guests. But by the close of the day, your only sale is a $30 print. And the majority of people who stopped by are your family and friends.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
What if instead:
- You opened the door and welcomed dozens of past collectors
- You created a memorable experience that visitors shared with their friends
- You strengthened existing collector relationships and built new ones
- The event paid your studio rent for the next few months
Join a panel of artists and marketers on May 20th. And walk away knowing tactics you can immediately put into place. So that this year can be your best Open Studios yet.
Best of all, these tactics don’t just apply to Open Studios! You’ll be able to use them anytime you host an in-person event: art fairs, group shows, street festivals, craft shows, and bazaars.
Our panelists will share:
- How to tell the story of what makes you and your art unique
- How to create a great art collecting experience for your visitors
- How effectively distribute your postcards and printed materials
- How to use email and social media to convince your audience to join you in-person
- How to close the sale, without feeling sales-y
- Their own Open Studios experiences, both good and bad
After our panel wraps, you’ll be able to join our panelists and your fellow artists for a reception.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:00 am – 11:30 am: Panel Discussion
Confirmed Panelists: Corey Egan (Jeweler), Bobby Arte (Artist), Kadesh Carter (Oasis Art Design), Summer Romasco (Artist and Digital Marketer) and Sharon Schrank (Gap, Inc.)
11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Reception
To purchase tickets to this event click here.
Hosted by Oakland Art Murmur